Ah, May... birth month of your editor who has seen it roll around 84 times when the 8th dawns. Born the day after her mother Lena May Joslin Carroll turned 17, and thus forever linked not only as parent and child but as Taurians, which usually caused perfect chiming of plans and intentions, but occasionally induced more of the "Bull in the China Shop" stubborness from both. For more about my beloved parent who left us in March 2010, here is a link to the tribute for her that year: Tribute: Lena May Joslin Carroll Alas, the embedded Picasso photo screen show has "been retired."
Our poets with their varied interests present their perspective on life in many heart nourishing ways.
Thank you, Phillip Hennessy, for letting us know.
Meanwhile, stepping up to the challenge of their muses, this issue brings:
- Bruce Clifford "Doing This Again".
- Bud Lemire, "When The Easter Bunny Came," "One Foot," and "Wednesday at Lakeview."
- Kimberly Marquette, "Grandma's Song" and "Orca."
- John I Blair, "Sometimes When There's Smoke," "Minion Ball," "World Tree," and "Patio Cat is Getting Fat ."
- Linnie Jane Joslin Burks, "Childhood," "Perseverance," "Warning," and "Come Up Higher."
Our columnists have treats in store with their particular viewpoints:
- Melinda Cohenour, mentions DNA dilemna's and mysteries.
- Marilyn Carnell, recalls when she attended Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri.
- LC Van Savage, discusses Gun noises.
- Judith Kroll, declares "Label Me Happy!!"
- Mattie Lennon, speaks about the tradition of "Keening, Death,
and Last Words" in his inimitable manner.
- Thomas F. O'Neill, was recently inducted into the Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars.
|"Cooking with Rod"|
Pencil Stubs Online is maintained by the diligence of our webmaster and beloved friend, Michael Craner.
|Webmaster and Co-Founder|
See you in June!