Quick December Treat
Andrea Heisler, the first grandchild of the late Leo C. Helmer, offers a delightful suggestion to build such a snack around. Add some tasty Holiday brew, mulled cider, hot cocoa, or your favorite, and make the time memorable.
Apple Spice Dump Cake
We just made this for Thanksgiving and served it with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious. Enjoy!
- 1- (18.25 oz) spice cake mix
- 2- (21 oz ) cans apple pie filling
- 1- tsp ground cinnamon
- 1- tsp ground nutmeg
- 1- tsp ground all spice
- 1- tbsp white sugar
- 3/4- cup butter
- 1- cup chopped pecans
Serve with warm ice cream or whipped topping.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Pour pie filling into a 9×13 in rectangular pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice and sugar then sprinkle over the apple pie filling.
4. Pour the dry cake mix over the apple's, dot with butter ( at least 3 dots across and 4 long ways total of 12 dots of butter to evenly melt) and scatter nuts over top
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min to an hour, until cake is brown on top and bubbling on the sides.
Link: Christmas Drinks