Cooking with Rod
By Rod Cohenour
With Rod Cohenour still in the process of moving, we have a Guest Cook for this April 2021 issue. Ruben Olgin, husband of the Cohenour's niece Dottie is an excellent all-around cook for any menu item you could list, but his desserts are anticipated eagerly, especially during Holidays and family get-togethers. So here is one everyone looks forward to.
Ruben's Cheesecake Pie
Ruben says, "Here’s my own March 31, 2020 recipe for this."
- 1- 8oz cream cheese
- 1- cup of sugar
- 1/4- teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4- teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1-8oz sour cream mix this into the above
- 1-8oz of cool whip fold this in and this will fill
- two Graham Cracker pie shells or one large graham cracker pie shell
- Top it of with cherry pie filling or
- I prefer blueberry pie filling
Photo: Ruben and Dottie Olgin
Appreciate Ruben Olgin for stepping in on short notice, and we will see you in May.