Things Not Worth Doing and Highly Intelligent, Sigle, Women
This is a list of “Twenty Things Not Worth Doing,” that I picked up in January. You may not agree with some, or all, of them but I believe the list is worth passing on.
- Drugs - You pay a far bigger price than money to use Drugs.
- Joining a Career for Money - No amount of money will be able to justify 40+ years of doing something you don’t fully enjoy.
- Waiting - In 99% of the cases you just need to go and do
it. It will not get better with time. Ask that person out. Start on
your dream. Begin the habit. Do it now!
- Flaking on your boundaries - Loose Boundaries = Personal Hell. Keep the boundaries you set; it’s the best way to succeed.
- Travel - All that self-finding you think you’ll do you
will push away. You can find yourself anywhere; you do not need to
travel for it.
- Reading too much - A book every now and again is great to learn, but if you do not apply what you learn you are just wasting time.
- Arguing over Beliefs - A belief is a belief. Just like
an opinion, it’s personal, based on experiences and points of view. It
matters to the person, is not always factual, but gives them something
positive. Do not waste your time intensely arguing about these.
- Keeping Toxic Relationships - Just drop them. They will not change the way you want them to.
- The News - News is just another business trying to drive
in traffic with emotional, over-the-top content. It’s purposefully made
more extreme and gives a wrong view of the world.
- Wasting Time in Negative Situations - If the movie
sucks, stand up and leave. If the family event is awful, save yourself
some heartache and go. Count your losses instead of prolonging them; you
already wasted enough time.
- Taking a Passive Role in Life - This is your life and your responsibility. Good things will not come and find you unless you go and look for them.
- Regrets - If you regret something then deal with it as soon as you can or let it go. Purely regretting something serves no purpose.
- Settling in anything - You do not have to settle for a job, relationship, or hobby. Find ways to always improve.
- A Degree - If that degree does not serve a purpose then
it is worthless. Why do you need it? Why do you want it? What will it do
- Giving up Joy for Productivity - High-Performers swear
to this until they become so sad and apathetic that they cannot even do a
10-hour work week. To be your best you need to feel your best! Remember
- Video Games - If you spend more than 2 hours a day on
video games without it being your job, you are spending too much time on
them. You are addicted.
- Brand Items - Clothes, Cars, or anything else that has a
brand is just a way for you to gain status. The question is why do you
need to gain this status? Is it really worth paying up to 20% more for
the same product?
- Comparing - There is always someone better and worse
than you at everything. But you have led completely different lives.
Stop comparing apples to bananas based on how curvy they are.
- Not Accepting yourself - You are you and you spend 24 hours a day with yourself. Become your own best friend, not your worst enemy.
- Giving 100% - This is your life. You are alive Now. Why
would you give any situation less than you are capable of? That just
leads to an unfulfilled life. Play hard. Work hard. Relax hard. Love
hard. Laugh hard.
* * * * *
Why are women of superior intelligence single?
On more than one occasion I was almost savaged for making the following statement or a variation thereof; “Of all the married heterosexual couples that I’ve met during my lifetime in most cases the male appeared to have the highest IQ.” I was beginning to doubt the accuracy of my observations until I saw a clip of an interview with a woman of superior intellect. She threw out a couple of interesting statistics. She pointed out that for every sixteen points that a woman goes up over 100, she has a 40% less chance of getting married and for every 16 points that a man goes over 100 he is 35% more likely to get married. Does this mean that every highly intelligent man is likely to be married while every woman of a similar IQ is likely to be single?
Margaret Cook tells us; “Men don't choose wives on the basis of their high IQs. We're starting to learn why. In spite of emancipation, the feminist movement, gender equality, and staunch efforts to avoid gender stereotyping, men still prefer to marry women who are not too brainy.”
She goes on to say; “Unfortunately for us women, it is uni-directional, for if we get too bright it can be a turn-off. Thus, in Love Actually, Hugh Grant's suave prime minister finds a soulmate in Martine McCutcheon's comely tea-lady, while Colin Firth plays a writer who falls for a Portuguese woman. Knowing no English she cannot answer back.”
This is Macy Grey’s take on why most highly intelligent women are single; “For intelligent women, Relationship is a partnership. They believe in learning and growing, not everyone is down for this. Here are a few reasons they are single :
- They crave mind to mind connection.
- They want someone from whom they can learn.
- They want an open-minded person.
- They prefer honesty.
- They want a highly intelligent individual.
- They want a person who will add value in their life and not feel like an extra person in their life.
- They want someone with unique mind-set
- They want someone who will make relationship look intimidating.
- They want someone who respects everyone.
- Meeting a person with all this quality is nearly impossible; this is why they choose to stay single
And are men attracted to highly intelligent women?
- Raymond James Ritchie of Sydney University appears to have a simple explanation, “Being
smart easily translates into fear of you and fear quickly turns to
hatred. If you are smart you have to be very careful to avoid being
I hadn’t ever heard of a sapiosexual (or a sapiophile) until I began researching for this article when I learned that it is an individual who finds high levels of intelligence the most sexually attractive attribute in a person. Now that I know what one is I’m wondering are they mostly male or female.
So, dear reader, will you please do something for me? Take a look at your circle of heterosexual couples and let me know if there is any validity in my observations.
Feedback will be appreciated.
My DVD “Sunrise on the Wicklow Hills” is still available. See clip. Details from; firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunrise On The Wicklow Hills - YouTube Click to Download VIDEO-2022-10-15-17-09-46.mp4 0 bytes
See you in March.
Click on author's byline for bio and list of other works published by Pencil Stubs Online.