- 1. My glasses, reading, driving and very dark sun glasses (because my right eye has some nerve damage and can’t cope with bright sunlight).
- 2. A peaked cap for my problems with overhead lights (even in the movies I have to wear a cap).
- 3. My cane, in case I have to get out of the car to walk a bit.
- 4. My cell phone in case of emergencies.
- 5. My hearing aid, if I want to hear whoever is calling me.
- 6. Bottled water and a snack in case I get stuck somewhere without a 7/11 or a Starbucks nearby. (Okay, so I’m paranoid about this, remember even paranoids have some real enemies.)
- 7. My wallet (credit card and driver’s license).
- 8. And most importantly, my wife.
- A One, two or three pairs of my glasses.
- B My peaked cap.
- C My cane.
- D My cell phone.
- E My hearing aid.
- F Bottled water and a nosh
- G My wallet.
“Why didn’t you call me? I saw that you took your phone with you and I was home early.”
“Yes, I know darling, but I forgot my reading glasses and kept dialing a wrong number.”
“Well, next time you’ll remember to take your reading glasses,” she said, pointedly.
“That’s true, but then I might forget the phone,” I laughed.
“That’s true too, “she said. “What would you like for dinner?”