On that note, I've decided I really want to embrace this summer. I want to thrive. I want to chill out and slow down. I want to grow an intentional life despite the mess that surrounds me on a daily basis. I've decided I don't have to have it all together to live purposefully. That's why I'm going to start writing out monthly goals!
- Think before I speak: This is a BIG one for me. I
have two tendencies with the voice. Sometimes to fill the silence and
space and get rid of awkwardness, I just start rambling and I'm not
intentional about what I'm saying. Other times, I get snappy and rude,
most often with Blake, and I cut people off with what I want to say
instead of listening to the other person and then responding
intentionally. I want to try and work on both of these things!
- Eat more fruit: Okay, so admittedly I really really
love junk food. My absolute favorite are Oreos and I swear I can eat a
whole pack of them in one sitting, if I'm not careful. I actually really
love fruit, so I'm hoping I can actually stick to this one! Bring on
all of the watermelon, bananas, and strawberries!
- Eat out at one new restaurant: Charleston is pretty
much the food capital of the world, or at least to me, and there are a
million and one restaurants we want try that we haven't gotten around to
yet! I think this month will be The Burger Company ( over 20 different
types of burgers- YES PLEASE!)
- Read my bible app or do a devotion before getting onto social media/ no scrolling through Facebook in bed:
Both of these are terrible habits that I need to kick. Literally, the
first thing I do in the morning is get on Facebook which doesn't always
start the day off on the best note, and then even after I say I'm going
to bed, I scroll for another 25 minutes, which probably messes up my
sleep. I need to stop! Besides, I really want to start my morning off
with Jesus, instead of being judgmental like Facebook tends to make
- Social Media Fast for one week: This is bouncing off the last goal. I've never done a fast from social media before, so this will be very interesting.
- Finish Grace, Not Perfection: I've been "trying" to finish this book for 3 months...maybe this is what I'll do when I do my social media fast!
- Beginner's Yoga: I don't have money for a gym
membership at the moment, but there's plenty of youtube videos that I'm
sure will help me learn the beginner's poses! On top of that, I really
want to start working out at least 2-3 times a week.